It has been a fairly bright weekend, although cold until a few hours ago. Because of this Jo and I decided to spend it outside, barring a few inside jobs.
We decided to battle the brambles in a strange fenced enclosure that had brambles over it’s entire area barring a few patches, maybe the before and after shots below, (click to enlarge), will give you some idea how dense it was, so, two days later we discover we have a granary! It was hardly visible at all previously.
It is fairly rotten, although maybe salvageable and as you can see from the internal shot it has gas lanterns and looks as if it has been used a pet house. The roof is in grey slate and the rest of the fabric of the building is wood. It is currently on breeze blocks but we also found the 8 iron Staddle stones that it should be stood on. It had that great wooden shed smell.
During the jobs we have to do I am buying tons of stuff from work as everything here is on a different scale. When I find something that is not good, I will let our buying team know and get it bettered, but when something is good I will blog here and hopefully even generate a few sales!
One such item for attacking brambles is our 42cc brush cutter it has proven a great line strimmer over a couple of summers but it came into it’s own when fitted with a saw blade which just ate the brambles (and anything else that got in it’s way). It has run virtually continuously all weekend and still starts first or second pull. A great tool. You can see it in the new wagon I brought home this weekend and after a small amount of assembly it works great. As you can see, even a girl can use it